Equal Opportunity Employment
The Haven of Grace is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Serving women who are pregnant and homeless, we provide a safe, nurturing home, educational programs and long-term support for mother and child. Founded in faith, we instill hope, dignity and the pride of independence, one family at a time.
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Counselor is responsible for researching and implementing evidenced based practices to ensure use of effective assessments and treatment that best addresses client needs. This position is full time and exempt.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide services and therapeutic interventions for clients
- Motivate clients to make healthy adjustments and choices
- Provide screenings and psychosocial assessments
- Provide coordinated care by initiating and/or participating in client centered consultation with other internal and external providers
- Research and share knowledge with clients and staff
- Create and maintain treatment plans utilizing evidence-based therapies
- Provide clinical guidance to staff through relevant training’s and peer to peer support
- Create, implement, and track outputs and outcomes
- File maintenance in HMIS and A2A database
- Participate in grant research, writing and reporting
- Participate as a collaborative member of the case review team
- Is a positive ambassador of The Haven of Grace
- Missouri Licensed Master level clinician (PLPC, LPC, LMHC, LCSW)
- Minimum 3 years’ clinical experience within a therapeutic setting, individual, group and family therapy
- Experience providing CBT, TF-CBT, Motivational Interviewing, play therapy, art therapy
- 2 to 4 years’ experience working with children and parenting youth preferred
- Experience and competencies in working in a multiracial, multicultural, residential environment
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have own vehicle and possess a current, valid driver’s license and meet The Haven of Grace requirements for insurance
- Must be willing to be on call and able to work evening, overnight and/or weekends if necessary
Knowledge and Skills
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style capable of motivating others
- Knowledge of multiple clinical modalities and biopsychosocial assessments
- Creative thought leader
- Strong crisis counseling and problem-solving skills
- Experienced in providing individual and group counseling to young children
- Knowledgeable of; child, adolescent and early adult development
- Demonstrated knowledge of family systems assessments
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Knowledge of HMIS and A2A database a plus
- Meet scheduled deadlines and perform routine tasks with minimal supervision
- Approaches all issues with a win-win attitude that respects the dignity of all parties
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable serving as a role model and preference for working in a faith-based environment
- Culturally competent and sensitive to the issues facing low-income, urban households
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Most of the work for this position is performed within a residential setting with assessment, treatment and counseling being key components. The employee may be required to accompany clients to additional mental health meetings as an advocate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily, as well as possess the skills and meet the demands outlined in this job description and core competencies.
This schedule is subject to change based on resident needs.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover to:
Karen Strong, Director of Program Compliance & Operations
The Haven of Grace
1225 Warren Street
St. Louis, MO 63106
No phone calls please!