The Haven has eleven full time staff and three part-time staff, with an annual budget of approximately $900,000.
General Functions: The Executive Director reports to the Haven’s Board of Directors. He/she will provide the professional leadership to the Board and its committees. He/she is responsible for facilitation and implementation of the Haven’s strategic plan, for the fiscal management of the organization’s $900,000 budget and serves as the professional leader of its staff. The Executive Director is expected to be actively involved and provide oversight in raising funds for the organization’s operations, through philanthropy, special events, grant writing and any other opportunities to enhance the agency’s financial sustainability. The Executive Director is responsible for the day to day operations of the services and care and welfare of the residents of the Haven’s facilities. He/she is also responsible for overseeing that the Haven’s property and equipment are maintained and in proper operating order. He/she is responsible for assuring that the Haven is hiring caring and qualified staff to support the women and their children in the fulfillment of the Haven’s mission. The Executive Director will be responsible for overseeing the job performance of all staff. He/she will be the Haven’s ambassador in the community advocating for those in need, while building collaborations and partnerships that will lead to more effective and efficient systems and service provision.
Qualifications: The Haven’s Executive Director should have at least three to five years executive leadership experience in the not-for-profit or public sector. A Master’s degree in nonprofit management or public administration or equivalent will be given greater consideration. The ideal candidate will have a general understanding of the challenges of being homeless. He/she should have some experience in managing a residential program. The Executive Director is expected to be a strong and confident speaker on behalf of the organization. He/she will treat others with dignity and inspire trust and respect that will lead to constructive and effective relationships with clients, staff, the Board, donors, funders, community leaders and other stakeholders. The Haven’s next Executive Director should possess the ability to motivate others, be a strategic thinker and problem solver. He/she should be an active listener, who is mission and goal focused, and a visionary leader. He/she will creatively identify and actively pursue new sources of sustainable funding and prepare and manage the budget.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Interested and qualified individuals are asked to submit a cover letter and their education and employment resume by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, October 16, 2017 to Transitions In Leadership at TheHaven@tilnonprof.com Please no telephone calls or snail mail.
House Parent (PRN)
As a ministry in faith, our mission is to empower young, pregnant, homeless women to overcome homelessness and to achieve stability. With expectations of accountability, we provide a nurturing home, educational programs and long-term support for mother and child. The Haven of Grace strives to instill hope, dignity and the pride of independence one family at a time.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the House Parent PRN is available and responsible to fill in for House Parent’s when they are unavailable. The House Parent PRN provides direct care and educational opportunities while interacting with both mothers and children to foster healthy relationships, positive skills, and provide a supportive living environment. This position is on an as needed basis and nonexempt.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Focus on client needs; anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations
- Participate, role model and teach parenting skills
- Participate, role model and teach household management skills
- Assist and support program outcomes and evaluation
- Track, review and ensure accurate record keeping and provide reports
- Participate actively in volunteer supervision and engagement
- Maintain a clean and healthy living environment
- Be available for work
- Is a positive ambassador for The Haven of Grace
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/GED with additional training in child development, social services, nursing etc.
- Residential experience preferred
- Microsoft Office experience
- Must have own vehicle and possess a current, valid driver’s license and meet The Haven of Grace requirements for insurance
- Must be flexible to work holidays, evenings, overnights and weekends
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style capable of motivating others
- Skilled in de-escalation, conflict resolution and mediation
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent project management, and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meet scheduled deadlines and perform routine tasks with minimal supervision
- Approaches all issues with a win-win attitude that respects the dignity of all parties
- Comfortable serving as a role model and preference for working in a faith-based environment
- Knowledgeable in providing child care for infants to age five
- Culturally competent and sensitive to the issues facing low-income, urban households
Most of the work for this position is performed within a residential setting with crisis management being a key component. The employee will need to travel to meetings and conferences and transport clients, donors, volunteers and others in personal vehicle and upon submission of proper documentation will be reimbursed for mileage at current agency rate. Employee is required to have reliable personal transportation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily, as well as possess the skills and meet the demands outlined in this job description and core competencies.
Employee acknowledges and understands that The Haven of Grace reserves the right to modify the contents of this job description or to assign alternate and additional duties and responsibilities. Nothing in this job description is intended to alter or alters the at-will nature of employees’ employment at The Haven of Grace.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The hiring, assignment and promotion of employees shall be based on qualifications and abilities, without regard to characteristics protected by federal, state and local regulations (race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, veteran status and familial status.